Agency for Electronic Media
Media Research scientific journal
Scientific Council for the Theatre, Film, Radio and Television
of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts
invite you to the international scientific conference
COMMENTS, HATE SPEECH, DISINFORMATION, AND PUBLIC COMMUNICATION REGULATION
Zagreb, Croatia, Sheraton hotel, 16 and 17 September 2021
*In case of an unfavourable epidemiological situation, the conference will be held online.
We invite you to contribute with your scientific papers to theoretical discussions on issues of freedom of speech and censorship of public speech, comments on news portals and social networks, hate speech, disinformation as well as questions about media freedom, right to information, internet neutrality. At the conference, we would like to discuss, among other topics, issues such as how to contribute to the fight against disinformation and hate speech in the age of digital communication, which strategies are acceptable, which stakeholders should be involved and which place belongs to self-regulation and which to the regulatory system? How should legislation participate in this? What are the experiences of different national legal regulations? Information about the conference and how to apply for participation is available via the link https://conference2021.aem.hr/about/?lang=en
Paolo Mancini: Full Professor at Scienze Politiche at the Universita degli Studi di Perugia. His research interests focus on the relationship between mass communication systems and the political system, and on the study of electoral campaigns, where he has considerable comparative research experience.
Nina Springer: Senior Lecturer, studied Journalism at LMU Munich with Communications as a major and Political Science, Sociology, and Economics as minors. At LMUs Department of Media and Communication submitted Ph.D. thesis about user comments on online news sites in 2012.
- Applications for participation in the conference should be submitted by 15 May 2021 at – Application
- The application must include: information about the author(s) (contact, position) and a 350-word abstract in English with key words.
- A notice of accepted presentations will be sent by 30 May 2021.
- The Book of Abstracts will be printed before the conference.
- Complete scientific papers must be submitted by 1 September 2021. Papers should be written according to the Guidlines Instructions to Authors available on the conference website (scope, citing, listing literature, marking tables and graphs, and graphic elements).
- Scientific papers from the conference will enter the process of double international anonymous review. Selected papers with the best reviews will be published in the special issue of the journal Medijska istraživanja/Media Research Journal www.mediaresearch.cro.net; https://hrcak.srce.hr/mediaresearch
- All other papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings with international review.
Persons in charge of the conference:
- SECRETARY for participants and the programme part: Tamara Kunić, e-mail: [email protected]
- SECRETARY for organisation issues: Sanja Pančić, e-mail: [email protected]
- INITIATIVE COMMITTEE: Josip Popovac, graduate lawyer, Prof. Nada Zgrabljić Rotar, PhD
- ORGANISATION COMMITTEE: Josip Popovac, graduate lawyer, Prof. Nada Zgrabljić Rotar, PhD, Vanja Gavran, graduate sociologist, Sanja Pančić, professor, Tamara Kunić, MA in Journalism
- PROGRAMME COMMITTEE: Boris Senker, F.C.A., Prof. Nada Zgrabljić Rotar, PhD, Prof. Danijel Labaš, PhD, Prof. Marina Mučalo, PhD, Prof. Melita Poler, PhD, Prof. Marko Milosavljevič, PhD, Prof. Sonja Špiranec, PhD, Associate prof. Ivan Balabanić, PhD, Associate prof. Hrvoje Lisičar, PhD, Associate prof. Enes Kulenović, PhD, Associate prof. Igor Vobič, PhD, Assistant prof. Lana Ciboci, PhD, Assistant prof. Gordan Akrap, PhD, Assistant prof. Tanja Kerševan Smokvina, PhD, Josip Popović, graduate lawyer, Vanja Gavran, graduate sociologist
- Conference location: Hotel Sheraton, Ul. Kneza Borne 2, Zagreb
- Accommodation of participants: Sharaton, International, Jadran
- Official languages of the conference: Croatian and English
- Participation fee: EUR 100 per article
Agency for Electronic Media and Media Research scientific journal
Co-organiser: Scientific Council for the Theatre, Film, Radio and Television of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts